You will enhance your physical, emotional, imaginative and cognitive playfulness in order to be well equipped for the demanding journey of articulating, shaping and presenting your artistic visions. You will develop a better understanding of "the physical body you have, the subtle body you are, and the collective body we all have in common". The exploration of the dynamic relationships between these different bodies will provoke your physical and emotional imagination, creative intuition and personal playfulness, initiating awareness of what we call the Poetic Body. Awareness of this body lies at the very centre of LISPA's DTAP Course pedagogy, since accessing it is essential for the creation of new performance languages.
All of the languages you will explore are very physical, and demand from you the ability to negotiate highly transposed levels of play.
The aim of this Devised Theatre and Performance and Advanced Devising Practice at Rose Bruford College is to increase your physical, poetical and intellectual understanding of the underlying structures within very different theatrical territories. This exploration will not only allow you to develop a better insight into what kind of theatre and performance you feel really passionate about, but also the ability to go beyond already existing forms in order to create your own work. Regular movement, improvisation and devising sessions will form the core of each Intensive, with excursions and theoretical reflections on practitioners in the field deepening the artistic journey.
London International School of Performing Arts (LISPA) which has recently relocated to Berlin.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Personal process
- Performance praxis
- Ensemble singing
- Alexander technique and contemporary dance-based movement
- Rhythm work
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 175 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the program will have either successfully completed a university-level training in theatre, physical theatre or the performing arts, or have sufficient practical experience in the field to meet the standards of the training.
- If the applicant has not previously studied with LISPA on a workshop or short course, we may ask for an audition or additional material showcasing performance work.
- We are delighted to run new MA/MFA programmes with arthaus.berlin (formerly LISPA).
International14076 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
EU/EEA14076 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
- MA Devised Theatre and Performance (13 months study) £14,500
- MFA Advanced Devising Practice (2 years study) £23,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.