The Health Services Administration program of the Alaska Pacific University is aimed at current and future managers and administrators in organizations involved with providing health services, major customers of health service providers, and entities involved with developing and implementing health service policies. The program is based on solid business fundamentals with applications to a variety of health service settings, including the private sector (both for profit and not-for-profit), the public sector (local, state, and federal), and Native health service providers.
The following are the degree objectives for Health Services Administration
- Learn the business of health services such that its strategies and growth are soundly based in effective leadership and other business practices
- Enhance skills in critical thinking, ethics, and information literacy leading to better leadership decisions
- Contribute to the community of health services administration in Alaska while mastering business management skills
- Apply knowledge of systems to health services in Alaska, relating it to the national and global markets as a business, and to demographics as a provider of care to individuals
- Investigate technology options that increase the health services administrator’s ability to provide services locally while simultaneously participating in national initiatives of information interoperability and security
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program is based on solid business fundamentals with applications to a variety of health service settings, including the private sector (both for profit and not-for-profit), the public sector (local, state, and federal), and Native health service providers.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management View 712 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Submit a 500-800 word essay addressing your personal and professional goals as they relate to your motivation to obtain an MBA degree or a Certificate (not required for MBAICT program)
- Submit three current letters of recommendation
- Official final transcript(s) from all institutions attended. Transcript(s) must display proof of bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Graduate candidates who have GPA scores below a 3.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis. Full admission is contingent upon successful completion of the first semester of classes in which they are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA or above
- Official score report for the Test of English as a Foreign Language
International15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Anchorage
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.