To prepare teacher-candidates for professional certification for careers in middle and high school education, SUNY Old Westbury offers the Master of Science in Teaching in Adolescence Education - Social Studies (7-12).
- Pedagogical training and content specialization are equally emphasized in this degree program, which is offered jointly by the School of Education and the History Department of the School of Arts and Sciences.
- Human Growth and Development
- Foundations of Literacy
- The Exceptional Learner
- Topics in U.S History
- U.S Constitutional and Political History
- Economics: Theories, Tools, and Debates
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sociology View 3230 other Masters in Education in United States
- Initial certification in Adolescence Education: Social Studies.
- Submission of scores on the CST (Content Specialty Test).
- B.A./B.S. degree in History or a B.A./B.S. degree with at least 30 credits of coursework in the social sciences (history, geography, political science, economics, anthropology, and/or sociology), including a minimum of 21 credits of courses in history and geography.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from an academic source.
- An admissions essay.
- International students must meet additional criteria, including the following: TOEFL scores: paper exam = 550; computer exam= 213; Internet exam= 80. Students taking the IELTS English (Cambridge) exams must pass with a broad band score of 6.5. Students must also have their overseas documents evaluated by AACRAO International or WES (World Education Services).
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.