Environmental considerations like massive scale air or water pollution and also the gradual rarefaction of the fossil energy resources gave rise to the concept of sustainable growth and to related strategies like process intensification, reuse of water and solvents at their point of use, hydrogen as energetic vector (requiring H2 production and using fuel cells as electric generators) or CO2 capture and storage.
Membranes have a key role to play in the new technologies and in the separation operations associated with these strategies.
Moreover a lot of separation operations are currently performed at University of Montpellier using membranes in industrial processes. Among the Membrane Engineering major applications for liquids, it can be mentioned the water desalination, the preparation of food, beverage, dairy or pharmaceutical products or the treatment and the recycling of industrial effluents, the production of tap or ultrapure water, the dehydration of ethanol, the dialysis of blood (kidney machine)… For gas separation, some examples of current applications are the removal of hydrogen from ammonia synthesis gas, the removal of carbon dioxide from natural gas and the air separation. Intensive efforts of R&D are now engaged over the world to develop high performance membranes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy and Environment
- Food, Health and Biotechnology
- Nanotechnologies and Microdevices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 34 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bologna 1st cycle degree or a bachelor degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bio-chemical Engineering, or equivalent degrees in one of the previous domains, from a College, University or Technical School with a recognised standing or alternatively, a recognised professional experience in these areas.
- Excellent academic background. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their academic grades, professional experience, and motivation letter explaining their education and professional objectives and letters of recommendation.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Programme country student: 4 000 €/year
- Partner country student: 8 000 €/year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.