What You Will Learn
- Analysis of large, complex data sets in the context of real-world business problems
- Application and fine tuning of computing resources for data analysis, including programming and industry-standard tool use
- Development and implementation of data analysis strategies based on theoretical principles and detailed knowledge of the underlying data
- Generation of actionable intelligence for decision making
- Clear and professional communication of nuanced analysis results to a diverse, varyingly technical audience
- Rigorous application of mathematical principles to the analysis of data
- Evaluation, implementation, and the assessment of the application of technology solutions for data analysis
To you, data isn’t merely numbers. It has the potential to provide solutions that improve efficiency and effectiveness—even lives—through its application. In our Master of Science in Data Science program at Saint Mary's College, a Professional Science Master’s (PSM) program, you'll develop into a professional practitioner with deep analytical skills. Become a well-rounded individual who has deep knowledge in data science coupled with the ability to communicate effectively and manage projects.
PSM programs combine rigorous study of mathematics or science with workplace skills like communication and project management. You'll take courses in applied statistics with an application-focused approach to regression analysis and related techniques - knowledge companies prize in data scientists - as well as understand the algorithms of data mining, processing, and visualization. Engage in a real-world practicum that involves developing data analysis tools and applying them to a pressing need at an organization. Most important, you'll learn to manipulate data rather than performing simple surface analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Linear Algebra
- Applied Statistics
- Computer Programming
- Data Analytics and Outcomes Improvement
- Database Systems
- Professional and Technical Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 86 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited school, or the international equivalent
- Candidates should possess familiarity with core competencies which may be demonstrated by education or experience
- Education - bachelor's degree in mathematics, business, computer science, information systems, the sciences, health science, quantitative social science or related field; the most competitive candidates will have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA in undergraduate coursework
- Experience - relevant work experience in a technical or quantitative area
- Official transcripts
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Optional video interview
International675 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National675 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.