School Counseling from Fresno Pacific University requires a minimum of 50 units of coursework and 800 hours of field experience in a PK-12 setting. A sequence of courses is determined by the program director.
The PPS credential provides eligibility to work as a school counselor in the California public school system grades PK-12.
- Comprehensive School Counseling and Guidance
- Academic Planning
- Career Planning
- Organizational Systems and Program Development
- Practicum in School Counseling
- Supervised Field Experience Credits
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Educational Psychology View 561 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- Application form and fee
- Three reference forms
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Statement of intent
- Valid California credential or Certificate of Clearance
- Verification of current negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- CBEST test results (a minimum score of 100 will be accepted for admissions, however, to begin the field experience course PPC 740, a passing score of 123 or higher is required)
- Letter of explanation if GPA is under 3.00
- Interview with program director
International16560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fresno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.