At Special Education from Saint Vincent College candidates will explore assessment and instruction strategies and techniques for high-incidence, low-incidence and emotional support students with disabilities; develop skills for writing and implementing individualized education programs, evaluation reports and behavioral analyses; and investigate the laws and legislation relevant to special education. Candidates participate in dual-placement, high- and low-incidence practices to establish a firm understanding of the instructional concepts taught during the program. Candidates are given opportunities to collaborate as a community team member and as a pre-service teacher to encourage high- and low-incidence students and their parents to work together to produce and implement individualized education program goals, activities and objectives.
Our program provides specialized training in educating students with disabilities. With increased demands for special education teachers in our schools, this program is designed for candidates who are already special education certified or working in special education or a related area who are hoping to deepen their understanding of special education.
- Family and Professional Collaboration
- Diagnosis and Evaluation of Students with High Incidence Disabilities
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Students with High Incidence Disabilities
- Methods of Instruction and Assessment for Students with Significant and Multiple Disabilities
- Educating Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 1727 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Possess an earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Official transcripts must be submitted from each institution attended to the Office of Graduate & Continuing Education.
- Have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0. For a GPA lower than 3.0, applicants will be reviewed for provisional acceptance.
- Send three recommendations to the Office of Graduate & Continuing Education.
- Personal statement explaining your desire to obtain a graduate degree.
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission in Education.
- TOEFL score
International12325 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 719 USD per credit during 21 months.
National12325 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 719 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for Latrobe
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.