With increased demands for special education teachers in our schools, this program is designed for candidates who are already special education certified or working in special education or a related area who are hoping to deepen their understanding of special education.
We offer a master degree in Special Education at Saint Vincent College. Candidates will explore assessment and instruction strategies and techniques for high-incidence, low-incidence and emotional support students with disabilities; develop skills for writing and implementing individualized education programs, evaluation reports and behavioral analyses; and investigate the laws and legislation relevant to special education.
- To provide quality instruction, scholarly achievement opportunities, best practices for the classroom, and diverse field practice for teaching and working with students with disabilities.
- To offer opportunities to collaborate as a community team member and pre-service teacher to encourage high and low incidence students and their parents to work together to produce and implement individualized education program goals, activities and objectives.
- To provide the necessary methods and field instruction for certified teachers to feel confident and prepared for the challenges of special education preK-8 or 7-12.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Family and Professional Collaboration
- Diagnosis and Evaluation of Students with High Incidence Disabilities
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Students with High Incidence Disabilities
- Methods of Instruction and Assessment for Students with Significant and Multiple Disabilities
- Educating Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 650 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Complete graduate application.
- Complete and Supplemental Application (under Tools section).
- Posses an earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts* must be submitted from each institution attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement of 500 words or less describing the applicant's experience and why he or she wishes to pursue this degree.
- TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT and 6.5 on the IELTS or higher is required for applicants.
- Any additional program specific requirements.
International678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.