The 39-credit hour graduate degree in School Administration and Supervision at Saint Vincent College requires students to have five years of documented teaching experience. However, students can enroll in the same courses required for the Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction, thereby allowing them to work toward a degree while completing the required five years of teaching.
Students can transfer to the School Administration and Supervision degree program from the Curriculum and Instruction degree or add the needed K-12 principal courses to become certified. The program is designed with the school administrator in mind; therefore, most courses address current issues, techniques, and information for school principals.
The three goals of the Master of Science Degree in School Administration and Supervision are:
- To provide excellent training and experiences in current methods, trends, and strategies for becoming an effective school leader and administrator.
- To offer resources, professional contacts, and tools that will enable a pre-service school administrator to become successful and effective in leading a school building or district.
- To provide insight into current philosophies, assessment reporting, community collaboration, creative practices, and proactive leadership trends that can develop a strong community and student rapport and support.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Educational Leadership and Professional Development
- Statistics and Research Design
- Current Issues and Trends
- Curriculum and Systems Design
- Assessment and Diagnostics
- Managing Financial and Material Resources
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3509 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete graduate application.
- Complete and Supplemental Application (under Tools section).
- Posses an earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts* must be submitted from each institution attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement of 500 words or less describing the applicant's experience and why he or she wishes to pursue this degree.
- TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT and 6.5 on the IELTS or higher is required for applicants.
- Any additional program specific requirements.
International678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 20 months.
National678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.