Candidates from all professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply to the program. The master’s degree in IDT exceeds preparation expectations of industry, armed services, community services, human resources and education.
The program offers preparation in instructional design, technology for training or education, leadership of instructional technology departments, project and design teams or administrative settings. The degree offers an optional Pennsylvania Department of Education Instructional Technologist Specialist certification for candidates wishing to broaden into K-12 or higher education settings.
The certification can be earned with or without initial teacher certification. Candidates will have opportunities to prepare training, teach online, participate in technology-enriched fieldwork settings, design instructional modules, conduct Web-based instruction, assess quality programs and practice instructional support techniques for using technology resources.
What Can I Do With a Masters in Instructional Design and Technology from Saint Vincent College? The master’s degree in IDT is created to exceed preparation expectations of industry, armed services, community services, human resources and education. The program offers unique preparation in instructional design, technology for training or education and leadership of instructional technology departments, project and design teams or administrative settings.
- To offer 21st century technology training methods and instructional design theory and practice to candidates leading to success in instructional leadership, project team management, human resource development and/or K-12 educational administration.
- To provide candidates with current practices and techniques for implementing technology into training or instruction while meeting standards, assessment data, budgets and other management restrictions or policies.
- To familiarize candidates with emerging technologies, management of information systems, global training and diverse learning, differentiated instruction, and formative/summative measures, research-based practices in training and IDT professional development.
- Introduction to Multimodal Research and Information Literacy
- Emergent Information Management and Instructional Technologies
- Advanced Instructional Design for Online Education
- Practicum in Instructional Technology
- Technological Applications for Differentiated Instruction
- Human Learning
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Technology Management View 345 other Masters in Design in United States
- Complete graduate application.
- Complete and Supplemental Application (under Tools section).
- Posses an earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts* must be submitted from each institution attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement of 500 words or less describing the applicant's experience and why he or she wishes to pursue this degree.
- TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT and 6.5 on the IELTS or higher is required for applicants.
- Any additional program specific requirements.
International678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
National678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.