Palm Beach Atlantic University, the Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling programme prepares you to serve the world at a higher level by pursuing state licensure to counsel clients in a professional setting.
At PBA, we offer guidance that focuses on biblical, historical, theoretical and practical studies. Combined with our thriving community connections, we help you develop skills in the field of counseling to reach your potential.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Exhibit proficiency in counseling skills unique to forming and utilizing professional relationships in school and community settings.
- Perform competently in the foundational knowledge base, outlined by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Program (CACREP)
- Counseling Skills
- Foundations of Counseling in the Mental Health Professions
- General Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Individual Human Development: Theories Throughout the Life Cycle
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Group Theories and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 1323 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- professional counseling orientation and ethical practice,
- social and cultural diversity,
- human growth and development,
- career development,
- counseling and helping relationships,
- group counseling and group work,
- assessment and testing, and
- research and program evaluation (2016 CACREP Standards 2.F.1-8).
International17550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 585 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 585 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for West Palm Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.