The initial teacher education program is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Students who enroll in the Elementary School Certification Preparation (Grades 1-6) program at Lindenwood University may select one of two pathways to completion of the program:
- Successful completion of the Lindenwood University teacher education program qualifies the student for recommendation for teaching certification, issued by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (MoDESE).
- Those students who desire to work in an educational field but do not desire teaching certification may pursue the Master of Arts in Education degree.
- Integrity - We are committed to ensuring trust and respect for all persons in an environment that cultivates individual and institutional integrity.
- Dedication - We are committed to developing a high-performance work ethic and dedication to discipline or vocation.
- Excellence - We are committed to providing quality and excellence in all our endeavors.
- Creativity - We are committed to the development of original ideas, knowledge and innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Language Acquisition and Development for Young Children
- Introduction to Early Childhood/ Special Education
- Elementary School Classroom Teaching and Technology
- Perceptual Motor Development
- Early Childhood Cognitive Curriculum Concepts
- Creative Curriculum Materials for Early Childhood/ Early Childhood Special Education Programs
- Education of the Exceptional Child
- Elementary Differentiation and Classroom Management
- Pre K-8 Health, Nutrition and Safety
- Early Childhood Screening, Diagnosing and Prescribing Instruction
- The Integrated Literature Curriculum
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4144 other Masters in Education in United States
- Please provide a clear, readable copy of the identification page of your passport. It must show all information on the identification page and be valid (not expired) to be accepted.
- Please provide a certified letter or bank statement verifying the total amount of liquid, personal or family funds, in US dollars, that is available for tuition (personal cost) and educational expenses (books, insurance).
- Graduate students must submit certified copies of college transcripts through WES
- Graduate students with a cumulative undergraduate or graduate GPA below 3.0 must submit three letters of recommendation.
- A copy of your current resume with all of your academic and work experience.
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per semester during 36 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Saint Charles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.