It’s designed to provide you with advanced, in-depth knowledge of both the theory and practical application of concrete technology to prepare you for a variety of senior roles.
You’ll gain academic and industrial expertise using a range of online resources that give you the flexibility to study around your work and personal lives. From health and safety and quality control to mixture proportioning, repair and maintenance and life cycle analysis, you’ll develop an understanding of a wide range of issues that affect professionals in the concrete industry today.
It is expected that the majority of students on the course will already be working within the concrete industry and looking to progress their career within their chosen field.
If you have no industrial experience, this course will provide an excellent route to a career within the concrete industry as you learn industrial practices through group projects involving participants from industry.
During your Advanced Concrete Technology course at University of Leeds you will have the opportunity to get to know people from the concrete industry through their association with tutors from the industry who will be part of the course delivery team.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Constituent Materials of Concrete
- Cement and Concrete Properties
- Testing, Quality Assurance, Repair and Maintenance of Concrete Structures
- Concrete Production, Processes, Applications and Construction Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 40 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:2 (hons) in civil engineering or a related discipline.
- We may also consider applications from candidates without a degree but with at least 5 years’ experience at senior managerial level in concrete plant and concrete constructions. This will need to be independently verifiable.
- If you have passed the Institute of Concrete Technology exam stages 1-3, you’ll be eligible for approved prior learning which would allow you to be admitted to the PGDip or MSc (Eng).
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.