The Architectural Engineering programme of University of Liège enables the ideas covered in the Bachelor's Degree to be explored in greater depth. In the first part, the classes cover the design of large-scale architectural projects, collaborative design, heritage conservation, building physics, structural design, sustainable development and urban mobility.
In the second part, you can choose between two specialisms:
- Architectural and urban engineering;
- Urban and environmental engineering.
Architectural civil engineers rely on their creativity, scientific rigour and technical skills to design, realise and implement architectural and urban projects which directly or indirectly meet the development needs of individuals and society. They are professionals who are responsible for their natural, economic and social environment, taking account of constraints of each site into their work.
Architectural civil engineers educated by the University of Liège develop an integrated approach to the built environment, in both its physical and socio-cultural components. They have the technical and organisational skills to enable them to design and manage large architectural projects, including the programming phase, the ideas stage, composition, project planning, implementation, approval and management. They excel in managing complex projects and overcoming the environmental and urban factors connected with a building. These qualities are acquired throughout the programme (Bachelor's + Master's Degree), based on a gradual process of developing more in-depth and specialised skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Environmental design of buildings in the context of sustainable development
- Architectural studio IV, integrated conception
- Concretes and new Materials Technologies
- Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Built Heritage
- Property law
- General aesthetics and its application to architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
International deadline: 30.04
DisciplinesArchitecture General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Masters in Architecture in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree
- Identity card (for students from the European Union and assimilated student) OR Certificate of nationality or certificate of residence established in Belgium (for non-European Union students not assimilated)
- Supporting documents if you have done an extracurricular year
- Additional supporting documents after having already been enrolled in another university or university college
- TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Liège
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.