The Mechanical Engineering programme of University of Liège aims to be both general and highly focused on production. It also meets an important need on the part of industry in the area of studies and production methods.
At the end of the programme, Mechanical Engineers are able to:
- draw up specifications for a specific equipment need;
- apply their knowledge of physics, mechanics, materials science, heat transfer and thermodynamics to the study of a mechanical system;
- use computer-aided drafting, design and manufacturing tools;
- model the static, vibrating, cinematic, dynamic and thermal behaviour of a device;
- master and apply digital methods that are used in simulation software;
- handle manufacturing technologies and understand the physical phenomena that characterise them;
- implement machine automation, actuation and instrumentation techniques and industrial processes;
- understand state-of-the-art mechanical technologies such as micro-technologies or precision manufacturing technologies;
- design a mechanical component, including choosing the materials, geometric design, cost calculation and dimensioning;
- design a machine, a mechatronic system, a production unit or line;
- define a product line;
- analyse the functioning of a production system;
- manage a project and ensure its profitability.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory of vibration
- Materials selection
- Principles of management
- Manufacturing processes
- Dynamics of mechanical systems
- Finite Element Method
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
International deadline: 30.04
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree
- Identity card (for students from the European Union and assimilated students) OR Certificate of nationality or certificate of residence established in Belgium (for non-European Union students not assimilated)
- Additional supporting documents after having already been enrolled in another university or university college
- TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Liège
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.