The Teaching - Elementary program offered by Washington State University . This program of study leads to a master’s degree and a State of Washington elementary or secondary education teaching certificate. The MIT degree is available to students the Pullman, Spokane, and Vancouver campuses; however the programs differ slightly from campus to campus. The programs at the Vancouver campus consist of 15 months of intensive study and internships, whereas the program on the Pullman/Spokane campuses consists of 13 months of intensive study and internships. All of the MIT programs are cohort-based, forming a supportive network.
When successfully completed, the MIT program results in a master’s degree and teacher certification. Therefore all MIT students complete both certification and graduate research courses. All MIT students complete a research project and present the project results at the culmination of their program. The research projects are usually aimed at examining teaching and educational issues, with the focus on understanding the positive impact of education on student learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program consists of a wide range of pedagogy course work.
- Depending on the student’s focus (elementary or secondary education), these courses may include literacy, social studies, science, math, reading, health, fitness, or fine arts methods. Students also study diversity in schools and society, educational technology, the social context of education, and research-based effective practices.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Summer - (Pullman Campus) - November 15
- Summer - (Spokane Campus) - November 15
- Summer - (Vancouver Campus) - December 1
- Summer - (TriCities Campus) - December 15
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 1805 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. In addition, students need to complete and submit an MIT supplemental application in accordance with departmental deadlines and well as the WSU Graduate School application and supporting materials. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge in relevant subject areas. Applicants’ transcripts are evaluated to determine if prerequisite courses are needed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
National6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
The tuition fee may vary depending on the location of your study program.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.