The Software Engineering program offered by Washington State University equips students with advanced skills in design, development, validation, maintenance, reuse, management, and security of software products.
Graduates of the program learn the principles of software engineering, together with the tools, methods and techniques used in modern software engineering practice. They also gain knowledge in the managerial and leadership skills needed to advance in the industry.
Employment in the area of software engineering is growing rapidly with jobs such as Software Development Engineer, Software Developer, and Software Engineer growing about 87%, 56% and 74%, respectively, in Washington alone in 2012-2013. It is expected to continue this trajectory through 2020. Software Engineers typically earn six-figure salaries. Graduates can choose to pursue a career as Software Developer, Software Engineer, Requirements Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Project Manager, and many others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The objectives of the MS SE program are to allow students to acquire the education and professional skills necessary to:
- Identify and solve problems relevant to the Software Engineering discipline.
- Compete and advance in the Software Engineering industry
- Adapt to changes in technology as well as to the needs of society.
- Continue to seek knowledge to thrive in an increasingly globalized society.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall July 21
- Spring November 16
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 385 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Washington State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement of Purpose, (3) Letters of Recommendation, and Transcripts.The MS SE degree is a 30-credit program which can be completed in under 2 years with a full-time course load. Working professionals may prefer to attend part-time for maximum flexibility. The MS SE curriculum material addresses industry needs by teaching fundamental and theoretical concepts and includes intensive, comprehensive coverage of modern software concepts and techniques.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
National6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
The tuition fee may vary depending on the location of your study program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.