The mission of the department reflects the strategic goals of Washington State University by advancing knowledge of plant pathology through creative research and scholarship, by extending that knowledge worldwide through the training of graduate students, and by applying the knowledge to protect the quality and quantity of the local and global food supply.
Students in the Plant Pathology program at Washington State University will gain analytical and practical skills in carrying out field-, laboratory- and greenhouse-based research that prepare them to be competitive for employment in academic, government and industry laboratories. Students will be provided other professional development opportunities such as resume writing, interview skills, written and oral communication skills, public speaking and attendance at professional conferences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Understanding, interpretation and synthesis of scientific literature pertaining to plant pathology and related disciplines.
- Formulating hypotheses; developing experimental designs to test these hypotheses; establishing and maintaining experiments.
- Collecting data in an objective way and conducting appropriate statistical analyses.
- Interpretation and presentation of research results in oral and written formats.
- Presentation of research at professional meetings and local commodity meetings.
- Publication of research in peer-reviewed scientific journals and other discipline-appropriate outlets such as commodity newsletters.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority deadline:Fall January 10Spring July 1
DisciplinesSoil Science Botany View 75 other Masters in Soil Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually, this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National13533 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13533 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State6308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.