The Pharmaceutical Sciences program at The Ohio State University includes coursework as well as cutting-edge research focused on topics like discovery and evaluation of novel drugs, determination of a drug's effects on the body, delivery methods to improve drug treatment, and how medication is used and applied to enhance patient outcomes.
Because the scope of pharmaceutical sciences is so broad, our graduate program has a number of specialty disciplines:
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy focuses on the interdisciplinary application of chemical, biochemical and molecular principles to the identification and development of therapeutic agents. This includes both synthesis of new chemical entities and isolation of medicinal agents from natural sources (pharmacognosy).
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry focuses on pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, with a special emphasis on drug delivery and targeting systems.
- Pharmacology focuses on determination of biochemical and physiological mechanisms by which drugs exert their effects.
- Translational Science conducts research across the interface from the laboratory bench to the patient bedside.
- Health-Systems Pharmacy Administration is a subspecialty within pharmaceutical administration. The major focus of this program is to educate and train pharmacists to conceptualize, plan, coordinate and evaluate pharmaceutical care in organized health care settings
- Safe and Effective Medication-Use Systems
- Quality Improvement
- Management of Human Resources
- Management of Financial Resources
- Use of Technology
- Advanced Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Health Sciences View 2167 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Ohio State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International43226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43226 USD per year during 12 months.
National38693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38693 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12092 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.