In all of our degree programs we combine a sound general core of fundamental mathematics with electives that reflect individual interests, needs, and opportunities. Each track allows for specialization within the field of mathematics, but all establish a general foundation that should be valuable to students in any mathematical work they do.
The majority of our Mathematics graduates at Washington State University find positions as analysts in research, data science, risk management, actuarial science, and finance in a wide variety of industries and fields. Our MS graduates also go on to programming or tech positions in business and government, PhD programs, or teach undergraduate courses at community colleges or universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Problem Solving: Students will be able to identify mathematical and computational methods in order to solve problems.
- Deductive Thinking: Students will be able to read and write logical arguments in order to prove advanced mathematical results.
- Effective Communication: Students will be able to effectively communicate mathematical concepts, problems and their solutions in written and oral form.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall January 10
- Spring August 10
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 381 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Washington State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of “B” or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
National6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
The tuition fee may vary depending on the location of your study program.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.