In all of our degree programs we combine a sound general core of fundamental mathematics with electives that reflect individual interests, needs, and opportunities. Each track allows for specialization within the field of mathematics, but all establish a general foundation that should be valuable to students in any mathematical work they do.
The majority of our Mathematics graduates at Washington State University find positions as analysts in research, data science, risk management, actuarial science, and finance in a wide variety of industries and fields. Our MS graduates also go on to programming or tech positions in business and government, PhD programs, or teach undergraduate courses at community colleges or universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Problem Solving: Students will be able to identify mathematical and computational methods in order to solve problems.
- Deductive Thinking: Students will be able to read and write logical arguments in order to prove advanced mathematical results.
- Effective Communication: Students will be able to effectively communicate mathematical concepts, problems and their solutions in written and oral form.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall January 10
- Spring August 10
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 837 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually, this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 12 months.
National13533 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13533 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.