The curriculum emphasizes courses in food processing, food chemistry, food microbiology, sensory evaluation, and other specialized areas. Some of the coursework is in cooperation with nearby University of Idaho. Examples include the processing and manufacturing of cereal, dairy, fruit, and vegetable products; including cheeses, wines, and potatoes. Departmental faculty and adjunct/affiliate faculty may all serve as student advisors. Faculty are housed at the WSU Pullman and Tri-Cities campuses, and the research station in Prosser, WA. Each student’s program of study is individualized based on their research interests, prior academic experience, and collaboration with their major advisor.
Food Science graduates at Washington State University begin careers in food research and development, food quality assurance, food safety microbiology, production management, regulatory affairs, or research in the food/allied industries or federal/state regulatory agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrating a fundamental understanding of food science knowledge and principles.
- Applying scientific knowledge to assess and solve food science problems.
- Exhibiting communication skills to convey technical information and defend scientific findings.
- Designing and conducting research experiments and analyzing research findings.
- Presenting research to local, regional, and national audiences through publications and presentations.
- Participating in professional organizations and related activities.
- Obtaining successful placement in relevant industry, government, or academia positions.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall January 10
- Spring July 1
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Food Sciences View 216 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually, this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
National6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
The tuition fee may vary depending on the location of your study program.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.