The non-thesis Education - Language, Literacy and Technology degree at Washington State University is a masters degree focused on practitioner-based model. Its purpose is to develop teachers’ or other professionals’ knowledge and skills.
The M.A. degree research-based masters program designed for students who wish to focus on educational research in literacy and who may pursue a doctoral degree. The M.A. degree requires a thesis.
Teaching, educational specialist, K-12 administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the literacy processes and know how to apply the results of evidence-‐based literacy research (qualitative and quantitative) to instructional practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the assessment/instruction cycle (data analysis, universal screening, diagnostic, progress monitoring, formative, summative), and how to use a variety of assessment tools and practices to plan and evaluate evidence-‐based literacy instruction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of instructional practices, approaches, methods, and curriculum materials to support literacy instruction.
- Foster literacy development by using instructional practices, curriculum materials and the appropriate use of assessments to create a literate environment.
- Development of professional development as a career-‐long effort and responsibility.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall January 10
- Spring July 1
DisciplinesTeaching Literacy Education View 1846 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, complete the Washington State University Graduate School’s online application, official transcripts from colleges/universities, a supplemental departmental application, Resume or Vitae, three letters of reference and a letter of intent as described on the supplemental application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
National6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
The tuition fee may vary depending on the location of your study program.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.