All Biology graduates at Washington State University will be able to:
- Achievement of the highest level of expertise in biological sciences, master knowledge of these fields and apply that knowledge to address novel and emerging problems.
- Presentations of student research to national and international audiences through both peer-reviewed and popular publications, professional meetings and conference proceedings.
- Participation in professional organizations.
- Development of professional foundations through activities such as teaching, internships, fellowships, and preparation of grant applications.
- Become independent researchers by developing expertise in their chosen area, thereby enabling original contributions that extend beyond their degree program.
- Apply sound research methods and tools to problems in their area of study.
- Communicate their research clearly and professionally in both written and oral forms.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of previous and current research in their field of expertise and be able to demonstrate clearly such knowledge.
- Providing a teaching training course to all students in the program.
- Encouraging students to become engaging instructors in their chosen fields using modern pedagogical techniques.
- Teaching students to incorporate emerging scientific discoveries in lectures, thereby keeping the classroom experience cutting-edge for students.
- Teaching students to review and revise classroom materials to enhance the learning experience for students.
- Attract, secure, retain and graduate high-quality students.
- Provide ample support and resources for fellowships, research, travel to conferences.
- Place graduates in academic and professional positions in the U.S. and internationally.
- Attract, retain, and support research-active faculty.
- Ensure that cutting-edge and relevant courses are offered to graduate students.
Many students that complete MS degrees in Zoology go on to PhD programs at competitive universities. Others teach at community colleges or private schools. Some also work for federal and state agencies, as well as in the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our program offers college teaching training, as well as a grant writing seminar. Training opportunities also exist through numerous reading groups, a biology graduate research symposium, an ecolunch and frequent seminars.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fall January 10
- Spring September 1
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry View 719 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually, this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 12 months.
National13533 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13533 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.