Professional occupation include research activity and jobs in animal sciences related with dairy, meat and egg production, as well as with feed production (including pet food) and management of livestock production facilities and feed industry.
Occupational outcome include jobs in the following fields:
- livestock production, wildlife management and aquaculture facilities
- feed production facilities (including pet food) and development of animal husbandry products and services
- Livestock production processing facilities
- feed and livestock products commercial units, including product management and supply
- Public and private organizations involved in feed production (including pet food) and livestock production chains, in biodiversity preservation, in genetic selection and in marketing and sales management of livestock and feed products
- technical support, also in developing countries
- teaching and applied research in livestock production
Graduates of the degree in Animal Science at University of Turin are entitled to acquire the following regulated Italian national profession category: BSc. in Agronomy and Forestry
Animal Nutrition and Feed Safety (lectured in English)
The educational/training objectives of the curriculum in Animal nutrition and feed safety include the development of animal nutrition experts, which skills include a solid background and comprehension in animal feeding and nutrition, completing the knowledge acquired during the university first degree.
Postgraduates will be able to use international literature, and the background acquired during this course will include several innovative topics in animal nutrition. Postgraduate students will acquire deep knowledge and comprehension skills concerning both physiological mechanisms associated with animal nutrition and sustainable management of animal and feed production, in order to guarantee feed quality and security.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Comparative physiopathology of gastrointestina trait
- Livestock production sustainability
- Feed quality and safety
- Animal and feed law
- Ruminant feeding and nutrition
- Monogastric feeding and nutrition (livestock & pet)
- Data management and research metodology
- Animal production in tropical countries
- Feed marketing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesAgriculture Animal Sciences View 6 other Masters in Agriculture in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Second cycle degree programs
- first cycle academic degree achieved in a University after at least 3 years of education. Alternatively, a post-secondary qualification achieved in a non academic institution which allows students to continue their university career in the upper academic cycle level; this is allowed though only if the upper school leaving qualification (or equivalent certificate) has been obtained after at least 12 years of school attendance.
- original University study plan, provided with a certified translation into Italian* and legalization (if required), including details about passed exams, hours of education and grades
- detailed outline of each university course the student has successfully passed
- exemptions and reductions for students with ISEE equal or lower than 30.000,99 €
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.