Why pursue a Master of Education at TRU?
- Take up to five years to complete the MEd degree
- Learn on campus, online or a combination of both
- Choose your completion option: thesis, final project or capstone course
- Conduct original research
- Explore new and innovative teaching techniques
- Learn to design and assess new curriculum
You choose your route to an MEd: Start with a Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies, take direct entry into the MEd, or enter after five to seven ESL courses.
Core and electives – a winning combination: There are five required courses that prepare the foundation for your studies and future career. You select electives of interest to you that expand on this foundation. Finally, you choose your exit option: capstone, project or thesis.
You will learn in small classes: Obtain personalized instruction in a very supportive and collegial environment.
You participate in face-to-face interactions, online discussions, and personal research: Engage in dynamic and fluid communicative activities and in collegial dialogues – all informed by your reading and research.
Where will this take me?
An MEd from Thompson Rivers University can directly increase your pay in addition to growing your skills required to excel in your teaching or training career. Our MEd is appropriate for school teachers,* corporate trainers, HR professionals and others involved in teaching or training within, industry, health care, or government.
Jobs you will be qualified for include:
- Business analysts and project managers in education
- Corporate trainer
- Curriculum developer
- Digital learning and development manager
- Educational consultant, coordinator, or director
- Instructional designers and editors
- International student recruiter
- Marketing and communications editors and writers
- Post-secondary instructors (online and on campus)
- Principal or administrator
- Private sector educators in TESL, early childhood, and special education
- School counselor or career advisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Philosophy and History of Education
- Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning
- Diversity: Constructing Social Realities
- Principles & Processes of Educational Leadership
- Legal Issues in Education
- Understanding and Managing Conflict
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Teaching View 30 other Masters in Educational Psychology in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent, with a minimum B average (GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.33) in the last 60 credits. Applicants with a four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent who have a GPA below 3.00 (but not below 2.50) may take TRU’s Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies to gain admission into the M.Ed. program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28320 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 944 CAD per credit during 12 months.
National16080 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 536 CAD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Kamloops
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.