Bellevue University is a trusted leader in intelligence and security education, who partners with federal government and private-sector security organizations.
The degree is designed to develop your academic research skills and transnational knowledge of global issues and regions of the world. This specialized knowledge is necessary to solve the security dilemmas of the 21st Century.
Coursework will challenge you to develop knowledge of major geopolitical and military issues, threats, actors, principles, techniques, and policy. You’ll take a deep dive into transnational threats, global intelligence systems, and national security strategy related to regions and countries, including China, India, and Russia.
Throughout the program, you will work with classmates and expert faculty to build your electronic professional portfolio, showcasing your global security and intelligence knowledge and research skills.
At the completion of the Intelligence and Security Studies program from Bellevue University, graduates will have gained a deep knowledge of the meaning of intelligence, of the history of intelligence, and of the role of intelligence in security policy planning. You will be able to:
- Apply intelligence analysis methodologies, theories, and techniques of national security to current threats in the global security sector.
- Evaluate security policies to make informed, research-based recommendations in geopolitical and military issues contexts.
- Distinguish and assess strategic problems within specific cultural, political, social, economic, and environmental contexts.
- Create threat assessments, with open source data collection and analysis, on major geopolitical and military issues, threats, actors, and principles.
- Create original intelligence assessments utilizing the intelligence cycle process.
- Develop new original research for security and intelligence scholarship.
- National Security, Transnational Interests
- Comparative Intelligence Cultures
- Post-Conflict Politics: Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding
- Green Security: Eco-conflict and its Challenges
- Political Islam and Terrorism: Understanding Martyrs and Messiahs
- Transnational Crime and Corruption: The Dark Side of Globalization
- Analyzing Anti-Americanism
- Strategic Deterrence: Past, Present, and Future
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics IT Security View 122 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- Completed Application Form
- $100 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- An official evaluation of foreign credentials: Must be completed by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member which includes, but is not limited to Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). Students who wish to transfer credit to Bellevue University will need to order a course-by-course evaluation.
- Verification of funds to show sufficient funds to study in the United States. The financial documents must meet the following criteria:
- Affidavit of Support Form
International21420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.