With a CACREP accredited Clinical Counseling program at Bellevue University, you can be assured that appropriate knowledge and skill areas are included and that the program is stable, professionally and financially.
Through a practicum and internship, you will be able to apply your learning directly to the field under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional, gaining confidence and practical experience to serve the mental health needs of children, adolescents, and adults over the life span.
The Bellevue University Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is a licensure-track, 60 credit-hour online graduate degree program. The degree includes 100 hours of practicum (40% direct client contact) and 600 hours of clinical internship (40% direct client contact). Whether you choose to do your coursework online or in class, you are responsible to complete these practicum and clinical internship hours under the supervision of a licensed counseling professional. Please note that online students may complete clinical hours in their home state through an accountability and approval process with Bellevue University’s Clinical Coordinator.
Your graduate degree coursework will prepare you with:
- Demonstrate professional counseling skills and techniques.
- Master core content and foundational areas of knowledge in the counseling profession.
- Integrate professional counselor identity.
- Incorporate multicultural awareness and diversity issues into personal and professional activities.
- Integrate ethical principles and standards into personal and professional activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Helping Relationships and Orientation to the Counseling Profession
- Counseling Theories
- Statistics and Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods and Program Evaluation
- Human Development Throughout the Lifespan
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in the Practice of Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 300 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Completed Application Form
- $100 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- An official evaluation of foreign credentials: Must be completed by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member which includes, but is not limited to Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). Students who wish to transfer credit to Bellevue University will need to order a course-by-course evaluation.
- Verification of funds to show sufficient funds to study in the United States. The financial documents must meet the following criteria:
- Affidavit of Support Form
International17850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bellevue
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.