We train a competent specialist with a multidisciplinary background who can develop a new policy in public health in the XXI century. Developing the personality traits of each student, we train a professional who knows how to work in a team, to promote healthy lifestyle among different population groups, to lead the people, to adapt quickly to changing conditions in the country and the goals of the organization, who can effectively respond to existing challenges and develop a whole Public Health cycle, including planning, implementation, monitoring and assessment of interventions.
The Public Health program from Sechenov University optimally combines research and educational processes, our academic staff is actively involved in research work, which allows to introduce the latest developments into the educational process and involve students to conduct independent scientific research to apply the acquired knowledge into practice.
- To provide education that is relevant to the contemporary global public health field.
- To introduce master students to an interdisciplinary public health landscape informed by political, economic, human and social science perspectives.
- To prepare graduates for future effective practice activities in the field of public health.
- To prepare graduates to become modern, sought-after specialists who are ready to create and implement their own research and practice programs and projects aimed at improving public health.
- To provide graduates with all necessary skills in order to work in the field of management of healthcare organizations irrespective of their forms of ownership.
- To prepare graduates to conduct educational and outreach activities in the field of public health protection and promotion.
- The Programme lasts for two years and covers four semesters. Courses studied within the 1st semester are focused on the acquisition of basic knowledge about public health and its determinants, demography, biostatistics, management, health promotion and health education within the frameworks of core modules. In addition, students master skills in research practice and research work.
- Within the 2nd semester, students continue to get acquainted with the problems of public health and its determinants, management, health promotion and health education.
- The 3rd semester includes inquiry of healthcare organization within the framework of core modules. Within the 3rd semester, master students continue their research work, and get involved into professional practice.
- The 4th semester is entirely devoted to research work and integrating experience (project practice and pre-diploma practice), as well as preparation and defence of their master's theses).
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Document of completed higher education and qualification with either Bachelor’s degree in any field (at least 4 years) or Specialist’s degree with any speciality (at least 5 years).
- Original or a copy of a personal document, identifying the person and his/her citizenship.
- Two photographs.
- Application letter in Russian, or in English translated into Russian and properly notarized.
- Certificate of nostrification of abroad education (if applicable), excluding the situations it is not required: upon providing an abroad education document which is in line with the Part 3, Article 107, Russian Federal Law No. 273-FZ; upon providing an education document which template is approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, in case the owner of the document is classified according to the Article6, Russian Federal Law No. 84-FZ.
International7569 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7569 EUR per year during 24 months.
National7569 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7569 EUR per year during 24 months.
597,000 Russian Ruble
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.