The M.A. in English, English Education Specializationat Colorado State University is designed for educators who want to be innovators.
Whether you are already a practicing teacher or are preparing to enter the profession, we invite you to join a program that will deepen your teaching practice, challenge your thinking, and help you create classrooms that will change the world.
The English Education Specialization provides students with preparation for and/or enhanced knowledge of teaching English in secondary schools.
It is designed for students who are:
- seeking initial licensure; and/or
- currently employed, full- or part-time, as an English language arts teacher in a Colorado public school; and/or
- looking to revitalize their work with students and their own knowledge; and/or
- deepening their understanding of contemporary literacy scholarship and broadening their background to explore new or contemporary ideas; and/or
- deeply considering their practice and considering how they can do better and be better.
Student EmploymentGraduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching Composition
- Investigating Classroom Literacies
- Professional Concerns in English
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 647 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required. Training course transcripts from branches of the U.S. military that show credit received with neither grades nor degrees awarded are exempt from the transcript requirement.
- Test scores such as GRE or GMAT
- Regardless of citizenship, applicants may be required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency, if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English.
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 24 months.
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15130 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.