Track I candidates (who are seeking their first teaching certificate) must complete the 15-week New York State required student teaching experience. Track II candidates (who have a NYS teaching certificate in another content area) must complete 20 days of clinical practice experience within an ESL Pre-K–12 school environment.
By the end of this Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) at Mercy College New York program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid content knowledge base that enables them to deliver effective educational and professional services based on current research, theory and practice
- Employ multiple pedagogical and professional strategies and tools to enable them to be effective practitioners in educational settings and deliver services that promote students’ intellectual, social, and emotional development
- Understand the diverse cultural, linguistic, learning, and social strengths and needs of all populations, and incorporate and demonstrate sensitivity to the richness of diverse cultures when providing educational and other school services
- Employ technology to deliver information, instruction, and professional services to all members of the school community
- Reflect on professional practice to make educational decisions and enhance student learning
- Demonstrate positive dispositions that enable them to work as effective educators, citizens, and practitioners within the school and broader community
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Education in Today's Schools
- Teach Writing/Writing Process
- Student Teaching Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 209 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Mercy College New York and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International32043 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 971 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32043 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 971 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.