The Master of Science in Chemistry and Secondary Education, Grades 7 at Mercy College New York leads either to initial or professional certification teaching chemistry at the secondary level. Professional certification requires an initial certificate and three years of classroom teaching experience.
The Mercy College educational unit is dedicated to preparing effective educators, including teachers and other school professionals, who are reflective practitioners, equipped with the knowledge base, technological skills, research tools and professional strategies and insights to empower them to help diverse populations of students succeed in their learning and community environments.
The value of:
- ethical practice support the proficient development of candidates enabling them to become skilled professionals and lifelong learners.
The unit is committed to creating innovative, flexible and accessible programs of study for its candidates and to developing partnerships and opportunities for collaboration and clinical experiences within Mercy College and with external communities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Edu Fnd Diverse Perspectives
- Fndtns Educ Sdnts w/Dsblts
- Tchng English as 2nd Lang
- Ed Evl/Assmt ECldhd-Adol&Dsabl
- Aprchs Lit: EChldhd-Adolescenc
- Meth Material/Math Adol
- Educ Psych & Adlscnt Dvlpmnt
- Mthds & Mtrls in Mid Chldhd Ed
- Read/Write Cntnt Area Grd 5-12
- Student Teaching Experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis except for a few graduate programs.
DisciplinesEducation Chemistry View 460 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Complete a graduate application
- Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official baccalaureate transcript(s)
- Supporting documents may be required depending on program of interest, which may include:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Graduate Registration Fees
- 12 credits or more : $310/term
- Less than 12 credits: $155/term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.