The Translation and Localisation of Technical Texts programme programme from Kaunas University of Technology will appeal to those who are willing to get more profound knowledge in translation and localization methodologies and technologies, and to improve their skills in translation technology and management of translation projects. One of the greatest advantages of this study programme is an opportunity to improve written translation skills in different language combinations.
This is an MA+ study programme, which means that while studying, you will have the possibility to acquire individually chosen competences (in management, law, language studies) or select the career as an expert in the field.
Our graduates are equipped with competencies to solve translation and localization problems and possess software, audio-visual media translation skills. They professionally handle computer translation, text parallelization, term management programs.
- It is the only study programme in Lithuania focused on localization
- You will work the latest translation and localization software: SDL Trados Studio, MemoQ, OmegaT, Déjà Vu, Wordfast, Passolo, Catalyst, Language Studio, Multilizer, Visual Localize
- You will gain competence in translating also from the second foreign language
- Second foreign language at level C1;
- Translation of the texts of various areas and genres from two foreign languages;
- Translation of the Internet text into Lithuanian, translation of audio-visual medias;
- Management of globally recognised translation and localisation software;
- Deep knowledge of translation theories and methodologies, text analysis and application of technologies in translation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linguistic Localization
- Methodologies and Technologies of Translation
- Technical Language Translation and Editing
- Terminology Project
- Intercultural Communication Research Project
- Research Design
- Software Localization
- Technical Language Translation and Professional Ethics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 6 other Masters in Language Studies in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in any field (priority is given to those from social science) with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview),
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, IESOL C1, GRE or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.