Currently there are 25 tenure eligible faculty positions staffed, 2 emeritus faculty, 5 non-tenure eligible faculty, 16 post-doctoral fellows, over 56 graduate students, and 2 full time academic advisors. Most faculty are involved in both teaching and research programs that complement one another. The Microbiology and Cell Science program is offered at University of Florida.
The faculty’s research programs span areas of broad interest in the cellular and molecular aspects bacterial, plant and animal life functions. Areas of research include:
- Microbial Biochemistry, Physiology, Metabolism and Regulation
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Host-pathogen Interactions
- Environmental Microbiology
- Functional and Comparative Genomics
- Human Parisitology
- Cellular Ultrastructure and Function
- Microbial Communities
- Microbial Processing of Plant Biomass
- Fundamentals of Bioinformatics
- Microbiology of Human Pathogens
- Microbiology, Immunology, and Immunotherapeutics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 496 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.