Get the practical knowledge you need to become a Physical and Health Education (PHE) Specialist for elementary, middle or high school. The Physical And Health Education program from Douglas College delivers a blend of theory and practical skills and emphasizes applications of current PHE theory.
Designed for working teachers, we offer advanced facilities and curriculum as well as a flexible course schedule. You'll enjoy specialized job opportunities and salary increases for TQS categories 4 and 5 upon program completion.
CareerIf you are a Category 4 teacher, British Columbia Teacher's Qualification Service (TQS) accepts the Graduate Diploma in Physical and Health Education as an "integrated" program which makes graduates of the Diploma eligible for a pay scale upgrade from category 4 to 5. If you are a category 5 teacher, British Columbia Teacher's Qualification Service (TQS) accepts the Graduate Diploma in Physical and Health Education as an "integrated" program which makes graduates of the Diploma eligible for a pay scale upgrade from category 5 to 5+.
- Dance Education
- Health Education
- Physical Literacy: Foundations
- Curriculum issues: Physical and Health Education
- Alternative Environment Physical Education
- Physical Literacy: Dynamic Systems Theory
- Applied Studies in Physical and Health Education
- Games-centred approaches in PHE
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Sports Sciences Health Education View 28 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Professional Teaching Certificate in British Columbia (see note 1), or
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in an education-related field with practicum experience (see notes 2 and 4), or
- Have completed an undergraduate degree and have documented experience working with children in an educational or recreational setting (see notes 3 and 4).
- submit a letter of intent.
International14688 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7344 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National2640 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1320 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for New Westminster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.