Get the practical knowledge you need to become a Physical and Health Education (PHE) Specialist for elementary, middle or high school. The Physical and Health Education program from Douglas College delivers a blend of theory and practical skills and emphasizes applications of current PHE theory.
Designed for working teachers, we offer advanced facilities and curriculum as well as a flexible course schedule. You'll enjoy specialized job opportunities and salary increases for TQS categories 4 and 5 upon program completion.
Career Transfer PathwaysIf you are a Category 4 teacher, British Columbia Teacher's Qualification Service (TQS) accepts the Graduate Diploma in Physical and Health Education as an "integrated" program which makes graduates of the Diploma eligible for a pay scale upgrade from category 4 to 5. If you are a category 5 teacher, British Columbia Teacher's Qualification Service (TQS) accepts the Graduate Diploma in Physical and Health Education as an "integrated" program which makes graduates of the Diploma eligible for a pay scale upgrade from category 5 to 5+.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dance Education
- Health Education
- Physical Literacy: Foundations
- Curriculum issues: Physical and Health Education
- Alternative Environment Physical Education
- Physical Literacy: Dynamic Systems Theory
- Applied Studies in Physical and Health Education
- Games-centred approaches in PHE
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 125 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Candidates must meet one or more of the prerequisite conditions:
- Hold a Professional Teaching Certificate in British Columbia, or
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in an education-related field with practicum experience, or
- Have completed an undergraduate degree and have documented experience working with children in an educational or recreational setting.
International580 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 580 CAD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National106 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 106 CAD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.