The Psychosocial Rehabilitation program from Douglas College is suitable for mental health practitioners looking to upgrade their skills, or individuals with a bachelor’s degree who want to enter the field of mental health.
This program is the only one of its kind in Western Canada and is offered completely online. With appropriate work experience, students can write the exam to qualify as a Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP), an internationally recognized designation.
Career Transfer Pathways
The shift towards recovery-oriented mental health services has created a need for qualified individuals to work in a variety of mental health settings. This program gives you the specialized knowledge and skills needed to work as a Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP).
Upon completion of this graduate diploma, you are eligible to write the Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioners (CPRP) exam, which is recognized throughout Canada and the US.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Health Services and Systems: History and Trends
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Practitioner Competencies
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation: Best and Promising Practices
- Seminar and Practicum in Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology View 9 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited post secondary institution in Canada, or any English speaking country
- Douglas College English language proficiency requirement of English 12 with a grade of “C” or acceptable substitution
- Proof of completion of the following undergraduate course - Abnormal Psychology (Douglas College PSYC 2341) or equivalent courses and/or experience as evaluated by the Program Coordinator. This qualifying course is necessary to assure that bachelor’s level entrants to the PSR program have a basic understanding of mental illness and treatments.
International580 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 580 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National106 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 106 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.