Students learn how to enhance instructional design with immersive environments (Kitely and Second Life), social media, simulations, games, bookmarking, wikis and numerous other tools.
Advantages of the Learning and Emerging Technologies masters from SUNY/Empire State College:
- Study anytime, anywhere. All courses take place online.
- Tailor your studies to your goals. Students shape their experience in each course to align with their own projects, objectives and vision. Course formats frequently change to accommodate the unique needs of each class.
- Connect with accomplished peers. In a virtual environment, students continually draw on one another’s feedback to hone their own projects, even collaborating on joint efforts. Peers have included notable architects, artists, executives, even scuba instructors, as well as longtime educators.
- Earn an elite degree. The degree program is renowned for its relentless emphasis on emerging breakthroughs. Students graduate not just with a firm grasp of the latest platforms, but with the capacity to evaluate future innovations, enabling them to adapt easily to new technologies in the years to come.
- Educators — prospective or current instructional designers, college faculty, K-12 teachers, librarians and student support staff — who must design curricula for and teach media-savvy students
- Trainers who seek to re-energize their practice and position themselves for future competitive advantage
- Artists, writers and arts educators seeking to combine arts-based methodologies with emerging media and technology
- Anyone whose aims require integrating virtual technology with instructional design
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Learning with Emerging Technologies: Theory and Practice
- Media Literacies in Emerging Technologies
- Social and Ethical Issues in the Digital Era
- Instructional Design for Online Learning Environments
- Assessing Learning in Digital Environments
- Advanced Design Seminar: Portfolio Project
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation View 914 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A single integrative essay
- Current resume'
- Two recommendations, at least one from your current direct supervisor or appropriate alternative with the ability to discuss your career and professional goals and skills; a second letter may come from members of the faculty with whom you have worked or who know you well
- Official transcripts from regionally accredited colleges/universities attended:
- Non-refundable $50 application/orientation fee
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of .
National13570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6785 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.