Students learn how to enhance instructional design with immersive environments (Kitely and Second Life), social media, simulations, games, bookmarking, wikis and numerous other tools.
The Learning and Emerging Technologies program of SUNY Empire State College, satisfies the requirement that P-12 teachers (who already hold a NYS initial teaching certificate) complete a master's degree in a related area (instructional technology) in order to obtain professional certification. Students with initial certification may be able to independently pursue professional certification after completion of the degree program.
- Educators — prospective or current instructional designers, college faculty, K-12 teachers, librarians and student support staff — who must design curricula for and teach media-savvy students
- Trainers who seek to re-energize their practice and position themselves for future competitive advantage
- Artists, writers and arts educators seeking to combine arts-based methodologies with emerging media and technology
- Anyone whose aims require integrating virtual technology with instructional design
- Study anytime, anywhere. All courses take place online.
- Tailor your studies to your goals. Students shape their experience in each course to align with their own projects, objectives and vision. Course formats frequently change to accommodate the unique needs of each class.
- Connect with accomplished peers. In a virtual environment, students continually draw on one another’s feedback to hone their own projects, even collaborating on joint efforts. Peers have included notable architects, artists, executives, even scuba instructors, as well as longtime educators.
- Earn an elite degree. The degree program is renowned for its relentless emphasis on emerging breakthroughs. Students graduate not just with a firm grasp of the latest platforms, but with the capacity to evaluate future innovations, enabling them to adapt easily to new technologies in the years to come.
Programme StructureCourses offered:
- Learning with Emerging Technologies: Theory and Practice
- Media Literacies in Emerging Technologies
- Issues and Ethics in the Digital Age
- Instructional Design for Online Learning Environments
- Assessing Learning in Digital Environments
- Advanced Design Seminar: Portfolio Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 544 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application.
- Official transcripts.
- Resume/CV: A resume/CV including previous experience, education and other achievements.
- Recommendations: We require two (2) recommendations from appropriately qualified persons.
- Applicants for whom English is not the first language must submit proof of proficiency.
- Orientation Fee of $50 (non-refundable) paid at the time of online application submission.
International16950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 565 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 565 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 471 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.