We live in a world of multiple screens and multiple forms of media. In today's global culture those screens are portals to information, inspiration and entertainment. Fields as diverse as business, medicine, education, architecture, law, urban planning, filmmaking, and many more, need innovative designers, artists and storytellers who know how to create engaging digital media experiences for the screens that matter to their audiences—whether they fit in a pocket or cover entire walls.
Students at the Media Arts and Practice MFA program offered at University of Southern California learn to make a variety of media-websites, films, art installations, visualizations- as well as design strategies for how and when to use each form. The program encourages exploration of new and emerging technologies, challenging students to think innovatively about the future of digital media.
University of Southern California graduates are ready to assume positions as media makers, artists, graphic designers, media analysts and researchers, and managers of digital media products and processes, both within and beyond the entertainment industry. They prepare for leadership positions in creating, developing and managing innovative digital media.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Media Arts and Practice Studio
- Theories of Media Arts and Practice
- Practice of Media Arts
- Digital Media Policy, Law, Practices, and Regulation
- Historical Approaches to Media Arts and Culture
- Cinema and Media Theory and Practice
- Media Arts Research Lab
- Graduate Media Arts Research Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 749 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- USC Graduate Application for Admission
- SlideRoom Application
- Cinematic Arts Supplemental Materials Cinematic Arts Media Arts + Practice Personal Statement
- Writing Sample
- Media Portfolio
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Official Transcripts (From all Academic Institutions Attended)
- Official GRE Test Scores (required from all applicants)
- Official English Proficiency Test Scores (International Students Only).
International40659 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40659 USD per year during 24 months.
National40659 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40659 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.