Intended for the working professional in criminal justice, students can complete this degree totally online and within two years.
Courses include topics such as criminology theory, justice statistics, research methods, crime policy analysis, leadership, ethics, and more.
The curriculum addresses social justice topics including race, class, gender, and their impact on the criminal justice system – from arrest through sentencing.
In addition to coursework, the Criminal Justice program from Saint Ambrose University culminates with the creation of a portfolio that consists of term papers, exams, and class presentations which document all that you've achieved.
- Students regularly submit their thesis work to conferences, for publication, or as evidence for a PhD application. Recent thesis titles include: "How Virtual Visitation Effects Criminality" and "Baselines for Racial Profiling."
- Students can design their own course of study – within structured guidelines – for achieving a Criminal Justice master's degree. This personalization allows students to tailor their education and meet career goals.
- A capstone class provides you with guided review of areas that will be covered on the comprehensive exams, including a review of statistics, methods, theory, and practice.
- Best of all, our faculty share their experience in the classroom. They have extensive backgrounds in corrections, law, criminology, sociology, education, human services, and law enforcement. Many do consulting and conduct grant-funded research. Past research projects have focused on the treatment of women in the criminal justice and the prison systems; counseling and offender treatment; recidivism and treatment at halfway houses; gender issues and treatment; and the effect of race and gender in decision making.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Constitution and Law
- Data and Research in Criminal Justice
- Writing for the Criminal Justice Professional
- Leadership and Administration
- Juvenile Justice Survey
- Law Enforcement Survey
- Corrections Survey
- Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies View 44 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students with an accredited baccalaureate degree with a major in criminal justice or a related field – or with permission from the MCJ program director – may apply for admission to the program.
- Complete the SAU application, including a professional goals statement and two letters of recommendation.
- Request from your undergraduate institution that a complete and official transcript be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. An official copy is one sent from the institution directly to St. Ambrose University and should include any graduate course work.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International970 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 970 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National970 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 970 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Online $562/credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.