You'll learn about the importance of both human and animal behaviour in shaping human animal interaction, and the associated ethical issues, as well as learning to critically evaluate methods for measuring attitudes, interactions and their outcomes.
You'll carry out a practical placement and research project to get direct experience tailored to your individual career goals. You will also learn from our recognised experts in human–animal interaction, whose specialisms include:
- the study of animal behaviour and animal welfare
- animal-assisted activities and interventions
- human and animal coexistence
The Human Animal Interaction programme offered by the University of Stirling can be studied as an MA or MSc. It depends on whether your focus is on quantitative or qualitative methodologies. Selected components of this Masters course count as continuing professional development for those already working in this area.
- The course is designed for those going on to do further research in the field of human-animal interaction. It would also suit those who want to pursue careers where it would be useful to understand the theoretical and practical aspects of this field.
- The placement and research project enables you to gain direct experience tailored to your individual career aspirations.
- Humans and Other Animals
- Analysis Methods in Psychological Research
- Key Skills for Psychology Researchers
- Human Animal Interactions in Context
- Individual, Social and Cultural Differences
- Approaches to Illness, Disability and Coping
- Research Placement
- 12 months
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Biology Animal Sciences View 65 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
General requirementsA minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.