Have a long and distinguished tradition of specialist teaching in Biblical Studies going back many decades and, today, all our Biblical Studies staff continue to participate nationally and internationally in significant biblical research projects.
The School of Theology, Religious Studies and Islamic Studies has a vibrant research culture, and MRes students are encouraged to participate in research seminars.
- The MRes programme in Biblical Interpretation from The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is delivered as a full-time and part-time programme of study, and is also available as distance learning.
- It looks in its 60 credits taught element to encourage the student to explore in depth a range of topics relating to the Bible, both from historical and contemporary perspectives. All module content is available through the University’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and students will be supported throughout their studies through regular access to their module tutors, either one to one (by email, skype, phone), in groups (using media such as Skype), or via VLE module discussion forums or wikis.
- Students will be supported through a variety of mechanisms using technology where appropriate, and particularly through the 120 credit Dissertation part of the programme. An annual residential graduate summer school is held for all students in July where students are able to experience lectures and seminars covering both issues related to generic learning and subject-specific information and to engage with a number of our research students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Study Skills for Theology and Religious Studies
- The Bible: Text and Transmission
- The Bible: Contemporary Approaches
- The Book of Genesis
- The Book of Isaiah
- The Gospel of John
- Paul and his Letters
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 27 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International13340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13340 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.