At The University of Wales Trinity Saint David we offer a master degree in Medieval Studies. We have a long tradition of specialist teaching in the medieval period at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and students may engage with several important and high-profile research projects, such as ‘Strata Florida’, and ‘Monastic Wales’.
The University has a well-established record of research and teaching in the Medieval period. Its provision at all levels has enabled students to study the Medieval and Early Modern period drawing on specialist staff expertise and resources, particularly the holdings of the Special Collections of the Roderic Bowen Library: a unique resource which houses the Special Collections of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, including over 35,000 printed works, 8 medieval manuscripts, around 100 post medieval manuscripts, and 69 incunabula.
Areas of employment include:
- Heritage sector
- Professional Writers
- Skills for Medievalists (medieval primary sources; manuscript study)
- The Cistercian World (medieval monasticism)
- Thomas Becket (medieval church history and hagiography)
- Women in the Middle Ages: Sources from the Celtic Regions
- Celtic Arthur and the Mabinogion Tales
- Celtic Sanctity, Spirituality and Hagiography
- Intensive Latin
- Medieval Conference
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Literature View 250 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although every application is considered in its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of professional qualification and relevant experiences.
- Candidates with a lower degree classification or no degree may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master’s level if satisfactory progress is made.
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.