The Geology Graduate Program at University of Texas Permian Basin is administered by the Office of Graduate Studies and Research through the Geology Faculty, and grants Master of Science Degrees in Geology. Students must choose one of two tracks: Thesis Option or Non-Thesis Option.
In order to earn a Master of Science degree in Geology, Students must amass a minimum of 30 semester credit hours, of which 24 semester credit hours must be of course work in geology and supporting or ancillary fields. The curriculum of courses selected by each student, in consultation with their advisor, will be chosen to enable them to develop their professional interests and achieve their career goals. Within two semesters the student should select an advisor from among the Geology Faculty, who together with the student will choose a graduate committee in accordance with the regulations of the Graduate Studies Office. The student should also decide, with the approval of the graduate committee, the option for the additional 6 semester credit hours in order to complete the required 30 semester credit hours.
- Advanced Structural Geology and Tectonics
- Carbonate Petrology, Petrography, and Diagenesis
- Petroleum Geology
- Thermodynamics of Geologic Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 221 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution;
- A satisfactory score (if required) on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT),** or other evidence of ability to succeed in graduate study;
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed graduate program;
- A favorable recommendation from the Graduate Admission Committee of the college/school/department in which the student expects to pursue graduate study, with final approval by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
International13634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6817 USD per semester during 24 months.
National13634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6817 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3334 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Odessa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.