Our aim is to explore and understand the cultural developments of the past two hundred years and their impact on writing, first within Britain and then registering the increasing input of other Anglophone literatures.
The programme in Modern Literature at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David draws on the expertise of staff with specialist interests in Utopian and Dystopian Literature, Children’s Literature, Modernist Literature and Art, Gender; Contemporary Literature, and Narrative and Literary theories.
Reasons to choose this course
- Non-traditional approach to literary studies by drawing in perspectives from, for example, anthropology or philosophy, sociology and education;
- Modules are underpinned by the research profiles and interests of staff;
- Module assessment is linked to enhancing the employability skills of graduates;
- Possibility to combine study and work through flexible, self-directed learning;
- All modules are supported by electronic means available through Moodle, the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Theory and Bibliography
- Shifting Times & Worlds: Modernism & After
- The Child in the Time: Representation of the Child in Modern Literature
- Utopias, Dystopias and the functions of fictions
- Epic, Religion, and Philosophy: Spenser and Milton
- Bodily Distempers and Passions of the Mind: Shakespeare and Donne
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLiterature View 31 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International2964 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2964 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1667 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1667 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.