In the Textiles programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David, we offer workshops across disciplines, including photography, glass, ceramics, surface pattern and textiles, encouraging you to develop an interdisciplinary approach, involving those traditionally associated with textile practice and beyond.
Hand-made as well as digital processes can be considered, as can writing and text as forms of textile making and thinking. The course will culminate in a student-led exhibition and critical report. The master's Contemporary Dialogues portfolio at Swansea College of Art offers a unique postgraduate experience.
Graduates and professionals from a wide range of specialities benefit from multidisciplinary learning together with expert lecturers and a broad range of facilities.
Five reasons to study this course
- Swansea College of Art (SCA) UWTSD is recognised as a centre of excellence for art and design-based learning and research. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) categorised 95.8% of our research as being of world renown or recognised as internationally excellent.
- The master's Contemporary Dialogues portfolio offers a unique interdisciplinary learning environment, with access to workshops and staff across the faculty.
- Master's and research students are supported by a highly committed and professional team of lecturers and technical demonstrators, who together create a diverse, supportive learning environment.
- SCA offers full and part-time options and, to help support our master's students, we deliver the majority of core teaching on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Whatuni ranked UWTSD 6th in the UK for postgraduate study in the Student Choice Awards 2018.
- The Thought Experiment
- Collaborative Dialogues
- Coexistent Perspectives
- Explorative Research & Praxis
- Confirmative Praxis
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 149 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
- We normally require an undergraduate 2.1. However, we also consider candidates with relevant experience and aim to interview all applicants.
- Where possible, we invite prospective students to experience a day of teaching to see if it suits their expectations.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 18 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.