We place design philosophy, innovation and design practice in an industrial context to develop sustainable solutions. There is a strong emphasis on unique, niche, and alternative forms of vehicle and/or transportation systems, which explore our evolving relationship with sustainable mobility in a shrinking world.
The Transportation Design programme from The University of Wales Trinity Saint David will culminate in a dissertation or a major project which is expected to demonstrate innovation in some, or all, aspects of its design, function or means of manufacture.
Five reasons to study this course
- Swansea College of Art (SCA) UWTSD is recognised as a centre of excellence for art and design-based learning and research. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) categorised 95.8% of our research as being of world renown or recognised as internationally excellent.
- The master's Contemporary Dialogues portfolio offers a unique interdisciplinary learning environment, with access to workshops and staff across the faculty.
- Master's and research students are supported by a highly committed and professional team of lecturers and technical demonstrators, who together create a diverse, supportive learning environment.
- SCA offers full and part-time options and, to help support our master's students, we deliver the majority of core teaching on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Whatuni ranked UWTSD 6th in the UK for postgraduate study in the Student Choice Awards 2018.
- The Thought Experiment
- Collaborative Dialogues
- Coexistent Perspectives
- Explorative Research & Praxis
- Confirmative Praxis
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Transportation Engineering View 538 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- We normally require an undergraduate 2.1. However, we also consider candidates with relevant experience and aim to interview all applicants.
- Where possible, we invite prospective students to experience a day of teaching to see if it suits their expectations.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 18 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.