Students at Goddard College pursuing this degree will address the program’s core courses and relevant electives from a counseling perspective. As with all courses for all students, each student is required to bring an individualized area of interest to their work. These areas may be singular or varied, but students pursing the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling are expected to focus on issues of relevance to their counseling professional and personal development. Faculty mentors and advisors are eager to work with students to incorporate personal areas of interest into all of their work.
Becoming a counselor is a complex and emotional process. In addition to standard academic learning, counselor education involves a personal journey in which students bring their whole and authentic selves to the learning process.
The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree encourages students to explore their own learning and emotional journey through seeking their own personal counseling experience. The Community Life staff assists students in finding counseling in their home communities.
The CMHC degree also encourages students to join the American Counseling Association and their state mental health associations, in part to access the peer support and resources available, such as counselor referral networks.
- Ethics and Professional Orientation
- Human Lifespan Development
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Group Work
- Cognition and Learning
- Biological Bases of Behavior
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling Psychology View 707 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to graduate programs must submit proof of completion of a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation must be submitted in support of your application. At least one letter should address your ability to do graduate-level work. Letters can be from an academic or professional setting; or be from colleagues, advisors or mentors. Recommenders must send letters of support directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Essay and Supplemental Materials
International22246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11123 USD per semester during 24 months.
National22246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11123 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.