One of the only graduate programs in the world committed to art as a transformational practice, the MFAIA is designed to support artists with diverse life experiences and goals ranging from the social, political, to the aesthetic, spiritual or autobiographical. Our learning community supports the development of a robust lifelong art practice. We envision artmaking as a form of critical thinking, that integrates research and interdisciplinary problem-solving and engages ethically in public contexts.
No two artists are alike and no other MFA program places you – the artist – truly at the center of your education. Based on your unique interests, intentions, and professional goals, you will design and pursue an individualized course of study, in dialogue with faculty advisors — themselves accomplished and evolving artists — who work with you one-to-one, challenging you to hone your vision while providing personalized feedback, guidance, and support. This mode of self-directed, dialogic learning and challenge to develop a constellation of lineages that your work engages instills a dedication in each artist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engagement with Praxis/Integration of Theory in Action
- Personal Practice
- Rigorous Exploration Within the Context of One’s Art Practice
- Ethical Engagement & Thoughtful Action
- Understanding the Concept of Interdisciplinary Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEcology Theatre & Dance View 280 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to graduate programs must submit proof of completion of a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation must be submitted in support of your application. At least one letter should address your ability to do graduate-level work. Letters can be from an academic or professional setting; or be from colleagues, advisors or mentors. Recommenders must send letters of support directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Essay and Supplemental Materials
International20244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10122 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10122 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.