The Biotechnology programme of Mannheim University of Applied Sciences expands specialist knowledge in the broad working fields of biotechnology and biological chemistry, and thus opens up a wider choice of career opportunities.
The master's degree programme is taught entirely in English to reflect the international nature of this science, plus the companies operating in the area of life sciences.
German students can therefore get to grips with using the scientific language of English. The fact that the course is held in English also makes the degree programme attractive to international students.
The master's degree is particularly geared towards involvement in research and project work, combined with acquiring deeper theoretical knowledge.
The two specialised areas of the degree programme:
- Bioprocess Development and
- Biomedical Science and Technology
allow graduates of our international Biotechnology master's degree programme to find work regionally, nationally and internationally in industry and research institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Metabolic Engineering and Strain Development
- Cell Culture Development
- Biomedical Science
- Cell based assays
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 30 other Masters in Biotechnology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum grade 2.5
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of sufficient English language skilles (e.g. TOEFL IBT min 92 – or IELTS min. 6.0)
- Previous university degree certificate(s)
- Notarised copies of the original certificates
- Proof of a six-month or longer research-oriented practical term or equivalent project work
- 2 reference letters from university professors and/or employer
- 1 passport photo (4 x 5 cm)
- For German applicants only: If you have not yet graduated with a Bachelor, please ask your examination office for your stamped and signed provisional average grade.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Mannheim
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.