Master of Public Health
The Public Health program's core courses offered by Mississippi University for Women, provide instruction and a basis of knowledge in coursework that is basic to public health, including biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health sciences, program administration, and social and behavioral sciences. The Public Health education-specific curriculum includes instruction in program planning, implementation, and evaluation. Students are introduced to graduate level research methods and may select from courses about injury prevention, nutrition, stress management, or other health-related behaviors.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are prepared to work in communities, schools, healthcare settings, and government agencies. Graduates are prepared to take the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, which is the gold standard credential for health educators.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Health Education
- Theories of Health Behavior
- Research Methods in Health Education
- Health Program Planning 8 Implementation
- Evaluation of Health Programs
- Community Health Education Methods
- Health Program Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 186 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Admission requirements national
- Students must submit high school transcripts and ACT* or SAT* scores. Students are required to complete the College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC listed below and meet ACT or SAT requirements.)
- International Students at The W join a diverse, multi-cultural community of students from over a dozen nations. And being consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 public universities in the South, it's no wonder nearly 3,300 men and women call our university home. Students may choose from over 50 accredited academic programs in our four colleges.
International7524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3762 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National7524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3762 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.