The International Education Management program from Ludwigsburg University of Education aims to provide competences for taking leadership positions in organizations in the educational realm. It also aims to equip participants with the tools necessary to deal with cross-cultural challenges in the field of international education management.
It covers strategies and operational know-how to realize visions and abilities needed to lead teams and staff to specific goals and organizational development. It enables participants to take responsibility, to adopt innovative ideas for modern education processes, set up strategies and structures as well as implement quality development.
The transfer of knowledge into practical competencies and vice versa is achieved by bringing real-life problems into classroom discussions. The participants import new knowledge into their own fields of educational or management practice.
Funding partners are the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ). The program is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Reform & Change Qualification for Education Systems
The overall aim of INEMA is to qualify young professionals as experts in international education management. They are enabled to identify, initiate and guide necessary and sustainable reform processes in the education sector in an intercultural environment.
Extra-occupational blended learning format
The program takes place in a blended learning format, giving optimal conditions for developing students’ professional action skills and deepen their theoretical competence. This means that students study mostly from their home country. While students come together during attendance phases in Ludwigsburg and Cairo, the times in-between are filled with supported online learning phases.
The program contains a wide share of self-organized learning, project work and individualized tasks. Being a scientific program, also qualifying for the third cycle (e. g. Ph. D.) of the framework of qualifications for the European Higher Curriculum, contents and methods are adjusted to prepare students to develop and perform their own research on the base of current theoretical concep
- Educational Management and Leadership & Change Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication and Teambuilding
- Cost Management, Budgeting & Controlling
- Strategic Management
- Quality Management and Organisational Development
- Education Marketing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Educational Leadership View 18 other Masters in International Development in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree
- A relation to the education sector or to the field of development cooperation
- INEMA application form (fully completed)
- Curriculum vitae (signed)
- Certificates of Academic Degrees (copies, certified translations if necessary)
- Academic Transcripts (copies), incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- School Leaving Certificate (copy), e.g. higher education entrance qualification, High School Leaving Certificate/Diploma; GCE A-Levels; Abitur/Matura; Senior School Certificate; Secondary School Final Examination
- Professional Letter of Recommendation and Statement of Support from your present employer.
- Letter of Motivation (signed)
- Current Passport (copy, showing photo page and date of birth)
- Proof of Employment from your present/past employer(s) that includes your precise role and period of employment, and which shows a minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Proof of English language skills (IELTS/TOEFL)
International4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Ludwigsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.